Programs for Children
- Published on Saturday, 19 February 2011 15:26
Our children's ministry is focussed on the key areas of Spirituality, Community and Mission. In each of these areas we have described our vision and some practical ways in which this will achieved.
Spirituality: Our vision is for a community journeying towards a deepening response to God through prayer and worship. We seek to be an inquiring, learning community, committed to understanding what it means to be the people of God in the world.
This means that we seek to help:
- children grow in an awareness of God’s loving presence in their lives
- children engage in worship which is relevant and accessible to them and which embraces the diversity of their gifts and expressions of faith
- children to learn about the example, teaching and person of Jesus, and have a variety of opportunities to do so
- parents be equipped for their role in nurturing their children’s faith
Community: Our vision is that people are welcomed and nurtured in the church community, and that those in need, both within and beyond the church, are cared for.
This means that we seek to enable:
- children to be included and involved in all aspects of the life of the church
- families to be welcomed into the church and cared for by the church
- children’s program leaders to be supported and encouraged in their faith and in their roles
Mission: Our vision is for a community which seeks to express God’s love in many ways, including through acting and advocating for justice.
This means that we seek to encourage:
- families to make links into the wider community
- children recognise and apply the relevance of Christian faith in their everyday lives
- families to be aware of, and equipped to respond to, justice issues