- Published on Saturday, 19 February 2011 15:30
Ashburton Baptist Church Playgroup offers a range of activities for 0 to kinder age children.
The facilities we use offer a range of indoor and outdoor play areas for activities such as painting, crafts, play dough, sand and water play, role-play, climbing, movement and singing.
|Tuesday||10:00 to 11:30am|
10:00 to 11:30am
Playgroup operates during school terms.
Funding & Fees
Playgroup is managed by a committee of volunteers and is financed by parent fees. For 2014 the fees are $100 per family per year (or $50 per semester). This money is put towards the upgrade and maintenance of toys and equipment, supplies for craft activities, tea and coffee, special events and a contribution to the church to help cover utilities.
- Parents/carers bring morning tea for their own children.
- Tea and coffee are provided for parents/carers to help themselves.
- We generally have free play until 11:05am, followed by morning tea for the children and then singing.
- As a parent run group we have a roster for the various duties (vacuuming, washing dishes, washing paint/glue brushes). Everyone is responsible for the general packing up.
- All parents/carers are responsible for the supervision of their own children at all times.
Places are limited so contact the church office for more information.
Programs for Children
- Published on Saturday, 19 February 2011 15:26
Our children's ministry is focussed on the key areas of Spirituality, Community and Mission. In each of these areas we have described our vision and some practical ways in which this will achieved.
Spirituality: Our vision is for a community journeying towards a deepening response to God through prayer and worship. We seek to be an inquiring, learning community, committed to understanding what it means to be the people of God in the world.
- Published on Saturday, 19 February 2011 15:27
Sunday club meets throughout the school term on Sunday Mornings during the second half of the worship service. The program runs in the hall and commences at about 10:30 am, running for approximately 45 minutes. There are groups for all children from two-years-old right through to Year 6.
Using relevant and engaging material, we seek to affirm the role of parent as the main spiritual teacher mentor, and provide the opportunity for children to delve deeper into the Word of God through games, lessons and activities. Following the same readings and topics as the Sunday morning worship service, we desire to help families learn and grow together in their walk with Christ.